What we do
Although we are working trying to achieve national change for Sophie’s wishes (see the legacy tabs)we are supporting families locally who end up in hospital with their child. The main ethos of the charity is to support families admitted to hospital with their child. The support varies depending on each situation. We tend to offer the following on a referral basis:
· Help with transport costs (fuel vouchers, bus or train passes or taxis)
· Clothes when admitted in an emergency with their child
· Birthday parties in hospital for children and parents
· Emotional support
· End of life wishes for children and their families
· Vouchers for meals at the hospital restaurant or shops such as M&S
· Costa vouchers
· We provide beauty treatments such as nails, haircut or back massage when a parent needs it – tends to be for the parents in for long stays.
We also provide to every family in hospital the following:
· Snack and toiletry box in every parent room
· Frozen meals from Cook
· We provide a trolley of food, drink and toiletries 7 days a week at QA for parents on CAU and childrens wards
· Pizza every Saturday at Portsmouth, Chichester, Isle of Wight, Guildford and Royal Marsden Hospitals.
· Art practitioner at Portsmouth Hospital and in the community for children who spend long periods of time in hospital
· Parent packs which contain essential toiletry items, phone chargers, note pad and pen, snack etc.
We also provide the following to hospitals
· We fund washing powder for NICU in Portsmouth
· We have funded new bedding, highchairs, pushchairs, microwaves, freezers, cutlery, crockery etc.
· We provide toys, activities for children in hospital when needed.
· We provide gifts on Mothers and Father’s Day
· We provide activities over Easter, Halloween, Christmas
· We provide a Christmas dinner to all staff and parents on the children’s wards.
In Sophie's Legacy
Sophie wanted the following things changed and this will be her legacy in memory of a remarkable young girl who touched so many lives.